1) Be prepared for both you and the baby to leave the hospital in diapers. Yep, I kid you not, you will not believe the things that will come out after birth!
2) Be prepared for EVERYONE to have an opinion. Your mum, mother in law, neighbour, Betty down at the shopping centre who you have never met in your entire life. Seems people are not shy to voice their unwanted opinions and rude comments.
3) Prepare not to shower in days. Eww I hear you say? So did I, but let me tell you, it will soon be your reality.
4) Poo, pee, vomit. You will become so desensitised to these things that they begin not to even bother you, in fact, you begin to even make small talk about it.
5) It is the hardest, yet most rewarding job you will ever do. Now, people have probably told you this but it is so true. There is no manual to being a parent, there is no “normal”, every child is so different, every parent is so different. The only advice I can give to you is, do whatever works best for you.